How Can Your Private Data be Used Against You?
If your private data becomes disclosed, it can be used against you in a variety of ways.
- It can be used to determine your immigration status.
- Law enforcement uses social media as a surveillance tool.
- DNA information submitted to DNA companies may be accessible by authorities.
- Private data can be uncovered during litigation.
- Private data can be weaponized to dox users, where private information is published online for the specific purpose of harassing someone.