Create a Google Scholar profile
- this helps others find your work
- this helps you find the work of other scholars that relates
- sign in with your google email--if you don't have an account with Google, you can't use this feature
Manually add your articles after you create your profile and set your updating options
Setting up alerts
- alerts can be based on your article titles or on your keywords
- alerts can be created without a Google Scholar Profile.
- Login using your gmail account
- Select ALERTS
Select CREATE ALERT, add your query in the ALERT QUERY search box, and save by clicking again on CREATE ALERT.
Tracing citations (cited by)
- a powerful tool to see how an important article was cited by subsequent authors
- Related articles also useful to look at